1. Yesterday, my sweet nephew wanted to Facetime with us. Apparently, he randomly starts talking to all of us (naming each of us) while at home in Washington from time to time. He asks to visit us. My sister has no idea why, but we think it's fabulous. :) I neglected to take a screenshot of the actual call, but here's a pic of Blaze and me back in June:
2. We binge watched the first season of Supergirl (on Netflix) in the past week. I love that the boys picked it and that we all enjoyed it together...suspended reality and all, lol.
3. In the middle of that marathon, and as part of our geography studies, we watched "Invictus" also. Great movie and love an educational opportunity that's actually appreciated!
4. I'm happy to say that I survived boot camp on Monday. It wasn't abnormally hard or anything. I'm just feeling happy that I *can* do boot camp, kwim? That I have the time and ability to go and that I've gotten strong enough to handle it...feels good.
5. The nail polish color currently on my toes is named "Fall in Love." Smile.
6. Relatedly, I'm so ready for fall! I LOVE fall. It makes me happy for so many reasons...back to school, sweater and boot weather, beautiful foliage, crisp apples. Happy sigh.
7. Also so happy because I found this awesome pair of shoes yesterday at a local consignment-like shop...they're by Born and red and practically new! Plus they were in my size (a sign, right?!) and at a great price:
Seriously, this find made me smile most of Monday. ;)
8. Awhile back, I asked on Facebook for book recommendations for Asher. (Thanks, again! We've been working through the list.) Right now, both Asher and I are reading the Mistborn trilogy and we're big fans. Thanks, Kevin, for the recommendation!
9. Even though I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed by my current homeschooling (and life) routine, I'm pretty happy with how things are going...that we're getting it done, that we've made so much progress in our approach over the years, that there are such exciting resources available. Working now on not being overwhelmed by choices so that I can get to it and stop debating and trying to fit more in, lol.
10. Micah made Cowboy Calzones for dinner tonight. They're yummy!
Okay, off to bed soon-ish. Happy rest of the week to you!