This is my baby. He turned NINE yesterday.
(This is the picture we took earlier this month for the back of his haiku book.)
We did a pretty low key celebration here...because he got his "big" gift months ago (his new release for archery)...because it was a rather dreary, rainy day that made it difficult to be motivated to do anything, lol...and because we had other things to do (related still to all the house projects thanks to the hail storm). But. He opened his gifts from his brothers in the morning (and played with them all day), went to karate, and then we went out for dinner and dessert up in Old Town. Good times! :)
In keeping with tradition-ish, here are nine things my Micah loves right now (in no particular order):
- Pokemon...He loves the card game, the video games and (mostly) the characters.
- Cooking...Micah actually took over some of the dinner responsibilities while Nathan was in Hawaii for work a couple different times this summer (Noah would like me to add that Micah didn't work completely alone...Micah made the plans and such but Noah worked as the muscle, reaching things Micah and I couldn't, etc).
- Writing...As evidenced by his haiku book...
- Reading...He's been particularly voracious in his reading lately. Thanks to his reading, he calls many fictional worlds home...Hogwarts and Middle Earth and more. ;)
- Super heroes...Micah's not as narrowed in his hero love as Asher--he loves most all of them...and the villains. ;)
- Stuffies...Koaly is still the favorite but Micah truly loves all his stuffies and includes them in his daily life in many and various ways, lol.
- Minecraft...He and Asher have been crazy busy building things lately. Often, they work to recreate some of those fictional worlds they've read about or seen.
- Hugs...My sweet baby still adores hugs and doesn't feel himself to be too old for them at all.
- Extracurriculars...Micah continues to enjoy karate and archery on a regular basis, and we're so proud of the strides he's made over the years developing his skills and confidence and self-discipline.
And that's my Micah right now...