1. Why is fall the only season with an extra name? (asked whilst working on a spelling list that included the word "autumn")
2. FYI, Noah finished his placement testing for this fall and scored pretty much exactly where I'd have placed him. Whew. We now wait until May to meet with his academic advisor to determine class schedule.
3. Some animal plummeted off my roof outside my bedroom window this morning. Honest. It was odd. Nathan didn't believe me until I took him outside and we found a flurry of dove feathers beneath our window. No body, though. Weird. (Our current theory is that the dove was chased/scared off the roof by the family of squirrels that likes to play tag above our bedroom, suffered some loss of feathers but recovered and flew away. Either that or a neighborhood cat had a really good morning, lol.)
4. For the record, I stayed up and watched the beginning of the lunar eclipse last night, but not the whole thing. I was tired. ;) Didn't even mention it to the boys...but don't feel too badly because we've done this before.
5. If I go buy the pair of sandals I've been eyeing, it's going to snow again, right?
6. Does that mean maybe I should buy a pair of boots instead? ;)
7. Don't suppose anyone wants to come tackle re-landscaping my yard for me? ;) Not looking for anything fancy...it's just boring and could use some work...work that no one in our house really wants to do, lol.
8. It's actually not the easiest thing to "google" how to spell "googol" (the math term). ;) (Yes, a boy asked.)
9. Micah's latest money-making idea is to write a book of haikus and self-publish. (We studied haiku poems last week and he declared himself "addicted.") I'll let you know when that's done so y'all can buy one. ;)
10. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like life's been on fast forward lately? Oy. Spring always gets busy. (And it's not even that we've had too heavy a load of activities...much, lol...just lots of little things taking up room in my head and needing attention. I'm sure you understand.)